*Current UF students: Do not complete the steps below. Instead, contact the psychiatry department.
Applicants who are not already UF students, continue with the steps below.
- Step 1: Mandatory Department Application
- Step 2: Nondegree Application
- Step 3: Register for Class
Step 1: Mandatory Department Application
Step 2: UF Nondegree Application
Complete the Non Degree application form.
*You must submit this application again if you wish to take courses in subsequent semesters.
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- When asked “Are you applying to Standard Non-Degree or to a Non-Degree Special Program” select “Non-Degree Special Program.”
- Select “College of Medicine” from the college dropdown box.
- If you are applying for Summer, you must select “Summer A/C.”
- Please provide the reason you are requesting admission as a nondegree student. (For example: to earn a certificate, to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, etc.).
- In the “Special Program” section, select the Autism certificate from the dropdown list
- The Course information field must be filled out on the application: Please select “GMS” from the “Course prefix’ dropdown list, and write N/A in the “Course Number” number box.
- Include all of your previous educational information.
- If you already have a UFID please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the “Residency Information” section, including the numbers and original issue dates for any two of these identifying documents:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- If you are not in the United States please type in “Not Applicable” in the area asking for US VISA information.
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emailed requests from our office or the Office of the University Registrar regarding your application, you must respond.
Step 3: Application review, approval and registration
The application review and approval process takes approximately two weeks, provided the application is complete. Once approved, applicants will receive an approval email sent to the email address provided in step one with instruction and next steps including how to register.